22 APRIL 2021
Auto Image Enhancement (Beta):
- Auto Image Enhancement integration makes corrections to your photos before you or your customers see them!
- Enhancement can be used on individual images using the “Enhance” button at the top of the gallery view - this lets you see the result before you commit.
- Enhancements can be reverted by the same button
- Note: Fotomerchant sessions will receive the original image, Dropbox receives the corrected image.
- Reference image can now be manually added to attendees by clicking Reference Images -> Add New on the appropriate attendee row and then choosing a file.
14 APRIL 2021
Device Software 8.7
- Reader display now shows battery percentages instead of icons.
- Fixes an issue which caused readers to intermittently drop-out.
- Low battery warning on reader. Shows when Reader or Walker battery drops below 10%.
- During automatic update before shutdown, walker animates LEDs to notify the user update is starting. The walker will automatically shutdown after the update has completed.
- Improved Reader update reliability.
- ELEMENTICE BOOTH support.
8 APRIL 2021
- Instructions are now provided for selfies in the registration form
- Selfies are now checked for appropriate faces before they are used. If an image does not meet our requirements, users will be told why and directed to try again. Possible reasons for failure are: No faces in image, more than one face in image, user looking > 30 degrees away from camera, face is not entirely within image bounds, image is too blurry, image is too dark.
Upon failure, appropriate message shows:
30 MARCH 2021
- Search for a face in a Console Event Gallery by either taking a photo via your webcam or uploading a file
- No limits on individual gallery size
- Search for a face in a mypics.io event gallery when facial recognition is turned on
- No limits on individual gallery size
18 MARCH 2021
Newly registered Attendees are now automatically synced with any integrations set up on an event. If somebody registers part way through and event, or even after the event, there is no need to manually sync their gallery to capture images which were taken before they registered, or send a notification - everything will happen automatically.
Device Pages now have a ‘stats’ tab where you can see the total number of images. sessions, and scans originating from that device.
3 MARCH 2021
The ELEMENTICE platform now supports video files for upload, management and distribution. All integrations (excluding Fotomerchant) work as usual with video files. We'd love to hear your feedback or any issues that you come across.
Knowledge Base Has Moved
The ELEMENTICE Knowledge Base has moved over to Zendesk so we can provide better support to our customer base. You'll find all the instructions, tutorial videos, and workflows at support.elementice.com. Remember to update your bookmarks!
- Devices Page now has a "table view" with more detail, so getting an overview of your devices is easier. Event page also has the same improved device list view available under Devices section.
- Faster manual uploads.
- “Preview” filter option now available in Admin Gallery to see which images are not yet uploaded.
27 JANUARY 2021
After this update, devices will remain updated automatically.
- If a device update is available, it will downloaded in the background when the device is online. The update will be installed during the next device shutdown to prevent any interruption during usage.
If the update includes changes to the reader software, the Reader update will be applied next time the Reader is paired. Reader updates take approximately 40 seconds.
11 JANUARY 2021
Images & Galleries
- Filter & Sort tools in Admin Galleries. Tools include: Filter by Devices, Filter by Subjects, Show only Images without IDs, Sort Newest/Oldest First, Show Images grouped by Session, Show Image grouped by hour.
- Updated reassignment interface. Add/Replace/Remove subject actions are now available from the subjects metadata tab. Images can be moved to a different event by clicking the edit icon next to the event name in the general metadata tab. All actions can be performed on many images by using the batch function. See these updated Knowledge Base articles for how to use the new interface: Reassign IDs, Move Image to Different Event.
- Integration synchronise operations can now be performed on single galleries by locating the gallery and selecting Sync from the expanded toolbar.
- Attendees recognised with Facial Recognition now have names displayed under faces by default.
- Attendee reference images (selfies) can now be opened into a larger view.
- Attendee reference images can be removed, disconnecting any images which were associated using that selfie. *This is only available for events from 12 January 2021
8 DECEMBER 2020
- An update to the Reader so that all future Reader updates take a fraction of the time.
- You'll be able to update more than one Reader at the same time (one Reader per Walker). Previously, this hasn't been possible.
30 NOVEMBER 2020
- New and improved Dashboard - The new dashboard gives much more relevant information including new interactive graphs and alerts section.
- Improvements to the way we report 3G/4G reception strength - We've updated our signal strength reporting to take into account the fact that our devices are uploading large image files (not just making phone calls). Your Reader will now be able to give you a much more accurate representation of how quickly it will be able to upload images via its 3G/4G connection.
- New feature to enable 'device configuration QR codes' which configure devices for use with the Fotomerchant Integration.
- Fixed bug which caused some Readers to get stuck on logo screen.
19 NOVEMBER 2020
- Bug fixes which resolve recent bugs related to poor reception (Be sure to update your devices by following these instructions).
19 OCTOBER 2020
- Walker now supports cameras saving multiple JPEG files (eg saving JPEG to two memory cards. Walker will choose the smallest JPEG to upload to save you data costs (Be sure to update your devices by following these instructions).
- Bug fixes
13 AUGUST 2020
A major system upgrade is currently in progress. The upgrades we are implementing provide ongoing performance enhancements for users. Devices can still connect to the Console and new images are still being processed; however, some older images may not be available for a short time. Full service is expected to return by 9:00am AEST 14.08.2020.
8 JULY 2020
- Images in the Gallery Page now display the services they have been transferred to via Integrations (eg Dropbox or Fotomerchant).
- A summary of all Integration results for an event can now be seen by using the ‘Detail’ button on an Integration tile. Errors can be viewed and retried here.
- Integration sync only transfers images which have not yet been attempted as default setting (you can still optionally force all images to be attempted).
- Members can now opt-in to be notified when we detect a problem with an Integration (e.g. Dropbox is full) - max once per 5 minutes - Go to Members page > Integrations to enter the email address to be notified.
- Dropbox/Timestone integrations can now use ‘unsafe naming’ which shortens image names to overcome Timestone memory limitations.
- Attendee run sheets can now be generated from the event page.
26 JUNE 2020
- New in-browser editor: Perform common edit functions on your images within the Console and have the result passed through to your customers in real-time.
- Improved functionality: Galleries can now be opened in a new tab.
- Specific images in galleries now have their own unique URL.
- Fixed gallery scrolling: Screen no longer jumps when new images load.
18 MAY 2020
- New integration with Dropbox.
- New galleries page: search for and view galleries from the Console all in one place.
- Delete, Reassign and Hi-res download functions moved from MyPics into the Console.
- Subject quick-view is now always active in the updated Gallery Viewer, and not available in MyPics.
- View full Device galleries from Device page.
- Updated, responsive modals.
- Ability to upload via custom WiFi networks (at a lower cost per GB - save $$)